Each presentation will last 15 minutes and will be followed by 5 minutes of Q&A session.
There is no specific template for the presentation and all presenters can choose between a live presentation or a pre-recorded one. Please, consider that anyway all speakers should be present for the Q&A session following their presentation.
On March 18th there will be a trial session for all presenters. You will be able to get familiar with the Zoom platform, to test the share screen function, your microphone and your camera.
In case of pre-recorded presentation , please, follow these steps:
- Prepare your slides on PowerPoint;
- Once they are ready, select Slide Show from the menu bar at the top of your PowerPoint presentation;
- Select Record Slide Show and then select Record from Beginning;
- Turn off your video and presenter screen by navigating to the bottom right-hand side of your screen.
- When you are ready, select Record in top left-hand corner. You will be counted in before you can start your narration. IMPORTANT: Sound will not record when slide transitions happen so let these play first before you start speaking.
- Once you are happy with your recording, close the recording screen to return to the PowerPoint mode, select File, Save a Copy as a PowerPoint file or file video with the naming convention: IAHR2020_PAPER-ID_ SURNAME
- Upload your pre-recorded presentation at this link by March 10th.
In case of live presentation, please, prepare your presentation and upload it at this link by March 16th. You will be able to share anyway your presentation while presenting during the conference.
If you have questions about the process for submitting your narrated presentation, please email IAHR2020@epfl.ch, we will do our best to assist.